Badge's Game against AF

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mountain Bike Trip to Sun Valley
















Ok so we went on a mountain biking trip to Sun Valley with the Lybberts', Erskines', Andersons', Lobbs', Maxwells' and Rossows. We had such a great time. Bubba has definately fallen in Love with someone else "his Bike"! Na I am his one and only......anywho while I was laid up from a falling incident he was out having a blast. The weather could not have been better, and neither could the beautiful town. I guess I should mention my fall! Our very first ride up a traul called River Run. The trail switchbacks up the side of a hill to the top. So remember now it is steep. We had not even been riding for maybe 15 min. My right handlebar hits a tree and causes me to tuen left and I teedered on the edge for a second and down I went. Just right off the edge I fell off my bike and landed on my knees. As I did so 3 pieces of wood entered my knee. Iwas not painful at first, of course then I move and wow! I went strait to the ER, after having to walk about a half a mile down. So they fixed me all up and there I layed on the condo bed for the rest of the day, and the next. I slept well with all my anti pain drugs!! Every one was so helpfull! Lisa even cleaned up my puke! What a gal! Thanks Lisa! Margo took me to the craziest movie. I remember going to it, but when I awoke it was over. What kind of movie is that? We ate out which turned out to be my fun since everyone else was able to ride. We had a great time, and I cannot wait to go there again actually ride and survive it.

2 comments:

jenn said...

So sorry about your knee! That sounds awful. Margo said on her blog that you were a trooper. Nothing worse than going on vacation and being sick/injured. :(
Hope you are feeling better.

margo said...

We need to plan another trip ASAP before "Julie" gets rusty. I still feel so bad that you got hurt. I can't believe how bad it was. You were so great not to even complain -- you just seemed to make the best of the trip, even entertaining us while being doped up -- the c-word?!? ha ha ha