Badge's Game against AF

Friday, March 21, 2008

The Life and Times of Bubba

An historic day, why do you ask is it historic? Today is historic because it is the first time I have ever blogged. It is either the start of an amazing blog full of opinions about things like sports, politics, religion, money and all the other things it is not polite to talk about at parties or, something I will do two or three times and get bored with and never do again. So, no matter if after reading you think I am a jerk or great I hope you will be entertained. Now for today's opinion:

We received in the mail today a notice of the "Economic Stimulus Payment Notice". This letter from the IRS starts with, "we are pleased to inform you that the US Congress passed and President Bush signed into law the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008." After reading, it informs you that they are sending you money for no reason other than you are a US citizen. Our family will get about $2,400 from the government sometime in May. I have so many issues with this I don't know where to start. First let me start with this, our government has been spending more than it makes every year of Bush's presidency and most of the years I have been alive. Now our president thinks it is a good idea to spend even more. It is like a wife saying to a husband we are overdrawn in our checking account, so the husband says, lets buy a boat, that should fix it. My next issue is this, where did the government get the money? No answer you give to that will make me think it is OK to spend it. Third, if you think it is a good idea to "stimulate the economy" by giving away money, why not give everyone a million dollars. If $2,400 will fix the economy, wont a million fix it even better. Think of all the stuff you would buy if you and every other US citizen were given a million dollars, wouldn't this spur the economy?! Of course that is a terrible idea and so is the "Economic Stimulus Act of 2008". Unless we start electing true conservatives our economy is done for.

2 comments:

jenn said...

Bubba, you are hilarious! Good for you for blogging. There are a lot of really cool guys out there who blog so keep it up!

As for the economic stimulus thingy (aren't I official) does it totally offend you that I'm just excited to have money to go to Disneyland this fall? He, he...I'm such a politics loser. =)

Lisa Erskine said...

Cute blog Tara! I'll add you to my favorites! As far as the money thing goes...I'm just glad to get money for no reason...I don't care who it comes from! Gimme more!! Ha Ha! =) I'm a politics loser, too!