Badge's Game against AF

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Tara's New Hobbie




Boy its seems to be the older my kids are getting the more hobbies I am picking up. For the last 3 years it has been running! I love to run. If anyone is saying to themselves right now " I hate to run!" I said that before too. It is so much fun. It is my way of releasing that days tension and ant the same time I can stay fit, which is hard to do after 4 kids and Cafe Rio! I also can do it with Bubba. Here is our first run in Moab in 2007. Notice we are in separate pictures, he ran the half marathon I did the 5K. I am so proud of him. Just a side note he was picked (through a lottery) to run the St. George Marathon in Oct. of 2008. Go Bub!
Anywho...the hobby.....mountain biking! Oh what a breath of fresh air! I love it. I am not that good yet nor do I have the courage to do all of the "runs" /"trails"??? Today Margo and Tonya to me to Lambert Park in Alpine. It was just the perfect day for my first ride. It was not too hard, or too easy, it was just the perfect place for it. I am thankful for helmets. There were a few times those trees just jumped right out at me! I am so excited to go again!
I am enjoying life a bit more now that I can be a mom and do the things that I have always wanted to do.






4 comments:

jenn said...

So if you DO hate to run, how do you get over that hurdle? =)

You are so brave. I don't know why, but mountain biking scares the heck out of me! Glad you three had fun.

margo said...

You did awesome on your first ride. I know you are really going to get into this. I can't wait for many more rides in the future. Let me know when you are ready to go again -- when you get back! I'm glad you are picking up all these new hobbies -- it need friends to play with.

J. Michael Morris said...

Bubba is surprisingly agile for a man of his structure, sorta like Chris Farley (rest his soul). I know that running is only a hobby though because the shorts aren't short enough for Bubba to be considered a serious marathoner.

Holly H. said...

Amazing! Good for you Tara!