Badge's Game against AF

Thursday, May 29, 2008

We did it!

Bubba and I at the top!
Bubba fixing a flat before we even started

Bubba, Margo and I


We also have a new addition to our family, her name is Juliana. She is beautiful. She never cries and rarely needs changing, unless Bubba has anything to do with it. I officially LOVE to mountain bike. I would by no means say I am good, however Bubba really impressed me. He did great on our first real ride! A few handle bar flips but he is recovering. Our friend Margo took us on a ride to a "trail"?? called the "Bobsled" Oh wow! Whenever Margo would mention this run I would think "OK maybe in a little while" it just sounded way too hard. 4 miles uphill then a roller coaster ride down?? Ahhhh! It was at times hard but the downhill "bobsled" what a thrill! Awesome!! It was like the Thunder Mountain ride at Disneyland except you are on a bike. That uphill ride was worth it on the way down. Way to much fun!! I cannot wait to go again!
Oh ya if there is anyone out there that knows of someone who wants to sell a bike, I need to find one for Bubba! Thanks!

5 comments:

Lesa said...

Looks hard!! good job!! I love the nails on cali..

margo said...

That was such a fun night -- I'm so glad you and Bubba will mtn bike with us. We will have many fun memories to come :) Sun Valley here we come! We need to plan our next ride. Those pics of you and Bubba at the top turned out great.

jenn said...

WAY TO GO! So impressive, and yet slightly insane. You guys are awesome (apparently I'm still in the 80's too!).

Teri said...

That does look fun. I would enjoy it even more if some one drove me up the mountain then I could coast all the way down!

Lisa Erskine said...

Way to go Tara and Bubba! I need to build a little more muscle in my legs...and then I'll attempt "Bobsled" with you guys. It looks so fun!